Welcome To Geography Department
'Geography Week - Rangoli competition on Environment Awareness'
'Study Tour at Rajasthan - Jaisalmer'
'Publication of book written by Dr, Shrikant Karlekar'
'TYBA Geography student Mr. Prashant Nikam selected for RD parade New Delhi January 2019 felicitated by hon. Mr. Ajitdada Pawar, President PDEA Pune'
Geography department is one of the largest and important department in Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Geography department is established in 1992. The Department of Geography (part of the Faculty of Arts and Science) is responsible for undergraduate and Postgraduate education in the College campus.
Name of the Programme
3 Years Annual Pattern
Name of the Programme
2 Years (Credit System)
Name of the programme
M.Phil and Ph.D.
M.Phil Minimum 1 Year; Ph.D. Minimum-3 Year
Departments Mission and Goals
Geography department is one of the largest and important department in Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Geography department is established in 1992. The Department of Geography (part of the Faculty of Arts and Science & Technology) is responsible for undergraduate and postgraduate education in the College campus.
Providing quality Geographical education to the student at Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level and equip them with skills for research and profession.
To Provide high quality Geographical education through teaching and research to students and equipping them to master the concepts in Geography and apply successfully to real world problems.
To provide students with competency to handle quality equipments in Geography to ignite their interest in cutting edge research areas.
To create quality infrastructure in the department for meeting the above mission.
Strength and Opportunities
- Highly qualified faculty.
- Research Centre in Geography (M.Phil. and Ph. D.)
- ICT teaching with use of LCD, Power Point presentations.
- UGC and BCUD funded research projects.
- IIRS Outreach programme
- Add-on course on basic of Travel and Tourism
- Placement, Guidance, Co-Curricular activities
- Remedial teaching and Mentor system
- Organization of study tours, field visit & Village survey
- Faculty members involved in Syllabus revision workshop for B. A.
- Faculty as member of Syllabus framing and restructuring Committee for MA/M.Sc.
- Faculty involved in participation in Credit system workshop for MA/MSc
- Faculty publish papers in Peer Reviewed journals
Ph. D. and M.Phil. guides:
In-house -01, affiliated -19 guides
- Organizing National and International conferences.
- Funding from UGC for research projects.
- Increase the involvement of research activities into problems relevant to society.
- To increase research facilities, infrastructure and area.
- More Add on Courses
- More MOUs
Studying Geography at Department of Geography, Prof. Ramkrishna More College, Akurdi, will learn from a wide variety of teaching methods:
There will be four lectures per week for each F.Y. B. A., S.Y. B. A. and T.Y. B. A. Total Duration for per lecture is 48 minutes for theory course as well for MA/MSc four lectures per week for theory course, total duration for per lecture is 60 minutes.
There is practical course assigned to second and third year of study. Second and third year undergraduate will have one practical course. During practical work student will perform only one practical per week for each practical course. For PG students there is well equipped soil and remote sensing lab.
ICT in Geography Teaching
Geography Department have LCD projector. Department have separate computer lab with necessary GIS software.
PowerPoint presentations are used for teaching purposes. Video lectures of different concept in Geography. Videos of landforms, natural processes and maps shown to the students.
Google Classroom T.Y.B. A. https://classroom.google.com/c/MTk3MjcyMzM3NTha
Google classroom MA/MSc I & II
Field trips are arranged for the students. Science exhibitions are arranged for the students. Geography Week celebrated with various student centric activity.
- To start more Career Oriented/ Short term courses.
- To develop linkages with institutes of National and International repute.
- To seek major GIS based research projects of interdisciplinary nature.
- To seek National and International Collaborations
- To conduct Exchange Programmes for faculty and students.
- To initiate consultancy in surveying and tourism.
- To strengthen nature club activity through various programmes related to environment
- awareness and water related issues