Welcome To Interior Design Department
'Student made decorative items on occasion of Diwali'
'Model Making Activity'
'Department regularly conducts live sketching for better understanding of students'
About the Department
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF.
Department of B. Voc. (Interior Designing) has been established in the Academic Year 2018-19.
The B.Voc. (Interior Designing) programme is focused on providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate knowledge and understanding of the interior design process from inception to completion.
MOU between P.D.E.A's Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune and White Lotus Design Pvt Ltd.
MOU between P.D.E.A's Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune and PDEA's College of Architecture, Akurdi, Pune.
MOU between P.D.E.A's Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune and Milind Chorage and Associates, Aundh, Pune for skill development, Outcome based trainings,placement, R & D services and related services.
The vision of B. Voc. (Interior Designing) is to promote strong ethical values and professional attitude by encouraging critical and creative thinking along with understanding interior space interactions through exercises developed around the same.
The mission of the B. Voc. (Interior Designing) department is to inspire, educate and prepare students to become innovative professionals or entrepreneurs with requisite skills.
- The Interior Design program is built to initiate a thoughtful and reactive design process.
- It facilitates the students to understand and create human habitation spaces through varied understandings of theory, studio, practical skills, live projects, case studies, field trips and encounters with industries and professionals.
- It also aims at inculcating an environmental awareness within the student for the benefit of human health, well-being and productivity.
Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
Department regularly conducts activities to enhance innovative and creative skills of students.
State Level Seminar on "Advancing Entrepreneurship: Inspiring Young People" was organized by department of B. Voc. on Friday and Saturday i.e. 21st and 22nd December 2018. It was sponsored by Research Cell, SavitribaiPhule Pune University.
Department regularly conducts Guest lectures, site visits, live sketching, workshops,Group discussion and market surveys for better understanding of students.
Lantern and diya making workshop has been conducted for F.Y. B.Voc.(Interior Design) students.
POP Sculpture making workshop has been conducted for F.Y. B.Voc.(Interior Design) students.
Department conducts Model making workshop for F.Y B.Voc. (Interior Design) students.
Hrutuja Karande won '2nd prize for Poster presentation' in State Level Seminar on "Advancing Entrepreneurship: Inspiring Young People" on dated 21st - 22nd December.
- There are 2 and 4 lectures per week for the 2 credit and 4 credit courses respectively. Duration of each lecture is 60 minutes.
- Teaching is done through demonstration.
- Apart from books actual industrial experience is shared in lectures.
- We encourage our students to understand design process and work out innovative design solutions.
- To enhance designing skills Studio exercises are given to students.
- Design projects with real scenarios are given.
- Power point presentations is presented to the students.
- Video tutorials of various design activities and construction techniques are used for better understanding of students.
- Google classroom facility is used by the faculty and students. Assignments, teaching-learning material, PowerPoint presentations are shared through google classroom.
- Students are advised to conduct regular market surveys.
- To enhance presentation skills case studies are presented by students.
- To prepare students for the profession, students are juried for their design projects and given a chance to interact with professional designers.