Welcome To S/W Development Department
'B. Voc. Degree Program Motivational Speech by Dr. Vijay Bhatkar'
'B. Voc. (Software Development) Computer Lab'
'Inaugural Speech by Indian Computer Scientist Dr. Vijay Bhakar '
'Certificate Distribution Ceremony'
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF.
Department of B. Voc. (Software Development) Established in the Academic Year 2014-15. B. Voc. course was inaugurated by Indian Computer Scientist Dr. Vijay Bhatkar and P.D.E.A.'s Hon. Secretary Mr. Sandip Kadam.
The B.Voc. (Software Development) programme is focused on providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles in IT Sector and their NOSs alongwith broad based general education.
The Department is fully involved in the personality development of the students and takes efforts to achieve the goals of education. For personality and technical development of students, the seminar from IT and academic experts is organized for the students.
|Advanced Diploma||2 Years||SY_Syllabus|
MOU between ETH Limited and Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Details
The vision of B. Voc. (Software Development) is concerned with quality teaching for the aspiring students. Our department would accommodate the distinctive needs of all genres of students by continually developing new ways to improve programs and educational delivery systems for the promotion of Software Development education.
The mission of the B. Voc. (Software Development) department is to prepare students for productive careers in industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and learning in the theory and applications of computing.
- To Improve in designing language and reusable code.
- To understand user conceptual models and development of better specifications.
- To train students in professional skills related to Software Industry.
- To help students build-up a successfull career in Software Development.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
- Organized State Level Seminar on “Advancing Entrepreneurship: Inspiring Young People” on Friday and Saturday i.e. 21st and 22nd December 2018. It was sponsored by Research Cell, SavitribaiPhule Pune University. Well-known experts, researchers and managers from the industries and society have been invited to present their views and discuss the opportunities, threat, strengths and weaknesses of the subject. The seminar had nine invited talk, poster presentation, oral session.
- Department regularly conducts the 'Guest lectures, Aptitude and Technical test' for better placement of students.
- Every year department conduct the activity 'Certificate Distribution Ceremony' for T. Y. B. Voc(Software Development) students.
- Department conduct the activity 'Introduction to Computer Components' for F. Y. B. Voc(Software Development) students for basic knowledge of computer components.
- Every year department conduct the activity 'Introduction to Computer Assembly' for S. Y. B. Voc(Software Development) students.
- Kalyan C. Jagdale received 'Exemplary Teacher Award' from Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture and Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Commerce (MMCC) on 4th February, 2018. Link
- Dr. Kalyan C. Jagdale awarded 'Ph. D in Computer Science' on "IMPROVED PERFORMANCE OF ETL (EXTRACTION, TRANSFORMATION & LOADING) MECHANISM FOR NON-VOLATILE DATA IN DATA WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT" by Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Jhunjhunu, India on 13th January 2019. Link
- Seema Sherkar won '1st prize for mime' in Indradhanushya Competition(University), Morya Youth Festival and Sharad Yuva Mahotsav.
- Gajanan Ladke won '1st prize for Cartooning' in event Morya Youth Festival.
- Seema Sherkar won '1st prize for Story telling' in event Morya Youth Festival.
Student will learn from a wide variety of teaching methods:
- Teaching through demonstration.
- Conducting quiz on theory topic.
- Share actual industrial experience.
- Case Study Analysis and Discussion: The case method is a participatory, discussion based way of learning where students gain skills in critical thinking, communication, and group dynamics.
- Subject-wise quiz on difficult topic.
- Discussion and questions and answers on current affairs.
- To enhance the practical knowledge with innovation, we do encourage our students to make some Mini projects from I year onwards. Students are divided into small groups so that personal attention can be paid and every student?s role will become prominent.
- Practical sessions scheduled.
- Faculty made Power point presentations on technical topics as per the syllabus is presented to the students at the end of every chapter for the students.
- It helps learners for a better revision.
- Google Classroom facility is used by the faculty and students. Teaching-learning material, PowerPoint presentations are shared through google classroom.
- E-Learning facility provided to the students. We are provided various e-Books for self learning and better understanding.
- Working on projects within an software industry-standard environment and under the guidance of experienced instructors.
- Develop custom websites or web applications for small organization.
- Group discussion.
- Conducting Seminars, Tutorials.
Extraction Transformation and Loading,