Welcome To S/W Development Department
'B. Voc. Degree Program Motivational Speech by Dr. Vijay Bhatkar'
'B. Voc. (Software Development) Computer Lab'
'Inaugural Speech by Indian Computer Scientist Dr. Vijay Bhakar '
'Certificate Distribution Ceremony'
The University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched a scheme on skills development based higher education as part of college/university education, leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc.) Degree with multiple exits such as Diploma/Advanced Diploma under the NSQF.
Department of B. Voc. (Software Development) Established in the Academic Year 2014-15. B. Voc. course was inaugurated by Indian Computer Scientist Dr. Vijay Bhatkar and P.D.E.A.'s Hon. Secretary Mr. Sandip Kadam.
The B.Voc. (Software Development) programme is focused on providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles in IT Sector and their NOSs alongwith broad based general education.
The Department is fully involved in the personality development of the students and takes efforts to achieve the goals of education. For personality and technical development of students, the seminar from IT and academic experts is organized for the students.
|Advanced Diploma||2 Years||SY_Syllabus|
- MOU between ETH Limited and Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Details
- MOU between Value Thought IT Solution and Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Details
- MOU between ARD SOFTECH PVT LTD and Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Details
- MOU between Technodweep Technologies and Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Details
- MOU between DIVINITY INDIA ENTERPRISES PVT. LTD. and Prof. Ramkrishna More Arts, Commerce and Science College, Akurdi, Pune. Details
The vision of B. Voc. (Software Development) is concerned with quality teaching for the aspiring students. Our department would accommodate the distinctive needs of all genres of students by continually developing new ways to improve programs and educational delivery systems for the promotion of Software Development education.
The mission of the B. Voc. (Software Development) department is to prepare students for productive careers in industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and learning in the theory and applications of computing.
- To Improve in designing language and reusable code.
- To understand user conceptual models and development of better specifications.
- To train students in professional skills related to Software Industry.
- To help students build-up a successfull career in Software Development.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the programme.
Curricular and Co-Curricular Activities
- WORKSHOP / SEMINAR:
- Arranged 10 days online workshop on ”Employability Skills under Connect with Work” organized by Rubicon Dated On 04th October 2021 to 14th October 2021.
- Arranged 3 days online workshop on ”Iconic Career” with association of Shiksha Gyan Foundation Dated On 1st March 2021 to 3rd March 2021.
- Department announced the one day workshop on "Entrepreneurship and Startup in basic science" dated on 04th February 2020. This workshop being conducted to provide a platform to exchange the experience and motivating youngsters to become entrepreneurs. This symposium uncovers exciting programs including the key note Addresses and Students Project Presentation on topic related to the boundaries in entrepreneurship.
- Department Organized State Level Seminar on “Advancing Entrepreneurship: Inspiring Young People” on Friday and Saturday i.e. 21st and 22nd December 2018. It was sponsored by Research Cell, SavitribaiPhule Pune University. Well-known experts, researchers and managers from the industries and society have been invited to present their views and discuss the opportunities, threat, strengths and weaknesses of the subject. The seminar had nine invited talk, poster presentation, oral session.
- Atos Syntel Lmt.-CSR and Global Talent Track (GTT) has jointly organized “Android Development and Soft Skill Training Program” for T. Y. B .Voc. (Software Development) students from 23rd December 2019. This program being conducted to provide a platform to learn and develop android applications.
- Parent-Teacher meeting: Every year department has organized "Parent-Teacher meeting". The main purpose of meet is to create a common platform, where teacher and parents come together to enrich the student’s educational experiences and discuss variety of issues, regarding all round development of students.
- In academic year 2021-22, department has organized an online Parent-Teacher meeting on Thursday, 13th Jan. 2022.
- In academic year 2020-21, department has organized an online Parent-Teacher meeting on Monday, 10th Jan. 2021.
- The B. Voc. (SD) has organized a Parent-Teacher meeting on Monday, 25th Jan. 2018.
- Aptitude and Technical test, Guest Lectures: Department regularly conducts the 'Guest lectures, Aptitude and Technical test' for better placement of students. The main purpose conducting of an aptitude test is to help analyze an individual’s strengths and weaknesses of students in areas such as problem-solving, logical reasoning, verbal comprehension and the knack for decision-making. Uses of aptitude tests also involve gaining predictive insights into future job performance, specific abilities and areas in which an individual is likely to excel.
- In academic year 2021-22, department has organized “Aptitude and technical test” for T. Y. BVOC (SD) Students dated on 10th May 2022.
- Arranged guest lecture for B. Voc. (Software Development) students on “Creativity Career IN Animation VFX“ on Thursday, January 28, 2021.
- With the help of placement cell, B. Voc. (Software Development) organized “Carrier opportunities in IT” lecture on 2nd February 2018.
- B. Voc. (Software Development and Food Science & Technology) department has jointly organized “Talk with youngsters” lectures for B. Voc. students on 7th March 2018.
- Department has organized lecture on “UI and UX design” on 17th March 2018.
- B. Voc. (Software Development) has organized lecture on “Project management in IT” on 24th March 2018.
- Certificate Distribution Ceremony: Every year department conduct the activity 'Certificate Distribution Ceremony' for T. Y. B. Voc(Software Development) students.
- Department conduct the activity 'Introduction to Computer Components' for F. Y. B. Voc(Software Development) students for basic knowledge of computer components.
- Every year department conduct the activity 'Introduction to Computer Assembly' for S. Y. B. Voc(Software Development) students.
- Kalyan C. Jagdale received 'Exemplary Teacher Award' from Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture and Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Commerce (MMCC) on 4th February, 2018. Link
- Dr. Kalyan C. Jagdale awarded 'Ph. D in Computer Science' on "IMPROVED PERFORMANCE OF ETL (EXTRACTION, TRANSFORMATION & LOADING) MECHANISM FOR NON-VOLATILE DATA IN DATA WAREHOUSE ENVIRONMENT" by Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Jhunjhunu, India on 13th January 2019. Link
- Seema Sherkar won '1st prize for mime' in Indradhanushya Competition(University), Morya Youth Festival and Sharad Yuva Mahotsav.
- Gajanan Ladke won '1st prize for Cartooning' in event Morya Youth Festival.
- Seema Sherkar won '1st prize for Story telling' in event Morya Youth Festival.
Student will learn from a wide variety of teaching methods:
- Teaching through demonstration.
- Conducting quiz on theory topic.
- Share actual industrial experience.
- Case Study Analysis and Discussion: The case method is a participatory, discussion based way of learning where students gain skills in critical thinking, communication, and group dynamics.
- Subject-wise quiz on difficult topic.
- Discussion and questions and answers on current affairs.
- To enhance the practical knowledge with innovation, we do encourage our students to make some Mini projects from I year onwards. Students are divided into small groups so that personal attention can be paid and every student?s role will become prominent.
- Practical sessions scheduled.
- Faculty made Power point presentations on technical topics as per the syllabus is presented to the students at the end of every chapter for the students.
- It helps learners for a better revision.
- Google Classroom facility is used by the faculty and students. Teaching-learning material, PowerPoint presentations are shared through google classroom.
- E-Learning facility provided to the students. We are provided various e-Books for self learning and better understanding.
- Working on projects within an software industry-standard environment and under the guidance of experienced instructors.
- Develop custom websites or web applications for small organization.
- Group discussion.
- Conducting Seminars, Tutorials.
- Extraction Transformation and Loading,
- Data Warehouse,
- Cyber Security