Welcome To Computer Science Department
'Computer literacy for non-teaching staff'
'Computer literacy for self help groups (2018-19)'
'Professional ethics lecture'
'Computer literacy for self help groups (2018-19)'
'Short term course'
'Group discussion on text mining & web mining.(M.Sc. Comp.Sci. ,Sem-II) '
'Faculty Development Program'
'Quickheal training session'
'First Rank & Sixth Ranker Felicitation (Maharana Jayshree & Jagtap Megha)'
The Computer Science Department is running Under Graduate course in B. Sc. (Computer Science) from 1998 and Post Graduate Course in M.Sc.(Computer Science) from 2001.
Name of Program
3 Years (Semester System)
2 Years (Credit System)
Skill based course
Name of Program
Our vision is to offer up to date programs which will allow our graduates to be competitive in the job market. We strive to provide a hands-on approach in teaching computer related Programs.
- The mission of the department is to advance the knowledge and educate the students in computer science and technology that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st
- We seek to develop in each member of the computer science department the ability and passion to work wisely, creativy and effectively for the betterment of humankind.
- To develop problem solving abilities using a computer.
- To build the necessary skill set and analytical abilities for developing computer based solutions for real life problems.
- To imbibe quality software development practices. To create awareness about process and product standards.
- To train students in professional skills related to Software Industry.
- To help students build-up a successfull career in Computer Science.
Teachers of the department adopted different methods for teaching.
- Problem solving is practiced in classroom teaching which help understanding of theoretical principles.
- Teachers of the department interact with students during classroom and practical sessions as well as outside the classroom to solve the difficulties of the students.
- Practical session is inherent part of syllabus.
- During practical, incharge explain the assignment and related concepts around ten minutes using white board if required or by demonstrating practical on the computer.
For second year, third year and M.Sc.(Comp.Sci.) students project work is assign and project assessment is conducted in practical sessions.
- Many practical of the UG are directly related to the theory syllabus, thus during most of practical sessions students solve the problems which learned in theory lecture.
- For P.G. students tutorial and seminars are organized.
- To provide students with an opportunities to gain communication skills, knowledge and prepare themselves for serving the community, department organized group discussion for post graduate students.
- Department has implemented group discussion as forum tool on learning management system: Moodle, where each student can post their views & gives replies to other post.
- Students of the department enrolled on NPTEL courses .They study course material, listen video of course in a group. Based on this student solve the programming assignments and quiz. URL:-Click here for NPTEL Courses Resources
- First year students collectively implemented a group project in HTML & CSS so as to sharing their skills & knowledge within their selves, to enhance a qualities like leadership and communication skill.
- Department have LCD projector. Teachers of department use PowerPoint presentations and video lectures for teaching purposes. Click here to see PPT and Video Lectures .
- Moodle - Learning Management System (LMS) : Moodle is a platform for faculties in our department for distributing course material like notes, power point presentations, University Question Papers, URL of Video Lectures and e-Books, question bank etc. to the students. Faculties are conducting online Quiz, Group Discussion and Assignments for internal assessment of students.
- e-PG Pathshala : e-PG Pathshala is an initiative of the MHRD under its National Mission on Education through ICT (NME-ICT) being executed by the UGC. Following is the link for e-PG Pathshala
Students can download notes as well as watch video lectures.
Curricular and Co-curricular Activities
- RDX(Rule D eXcellence) intercollegiate competition:- To provide the students with the opportunities to show their skills such as leadership, team management, and planning, yearly department conducts activity such as C King, Project competition, Quiz competition, Seminar competition and Poster competition in RDX(Rule D eXcellence) intercollegiate competition.
2. Faculty Development Program(FDP):-FDP on PYTHON Programming is organized for staff members during academic year 2017-18. Duration of program was eight days.During this period theory session and hands on practical are conducted.
- Guest Lecture:-Computer Science Department has organized Guest Lecture series for F.Y., S.Y., T.Y.B.Sc. (Comp. Sci.) and M.Sc.(Comp. Sci.) students on various topics by eminent personality, academicians, IT Expert. Guest speaker exposes students to real-world experiences and enhances the students knowledge.
- Professional Ethics:- To promote Human values and Professional Ethics for B.Sc.(Comp.Sci.) and M.Sc.(Comp.Sci.) students , department organized lectures on Professional Ethics.
- ICT training :-Department organized ICT training workshop for teaching and non-teaching staff conducted by JETKING institute during year 2015-16.Objective of this program to effective and creative use of basic application software in their everyday activities, use GMAIL in administrative, technical and supportive functions effectively, use a web browser to navigate the Internet, use appropriate and accessible digital tools.
- Computer Literacy:- Computer Literacy course has been conducted for Non-Teaching staff for 1 week during year 2017-18. The course is designed to provide basic knowledge of computer and various applications of computer to non teaching staff.
- Computer literacy for self help group:- The department works towards empowerment of women as part of its extension activity and civic responsibility. The department organized a computer literacy training for women of self help groups. This will enable them to become techno savvy and use media for their business.
- MOU with Quick Heal Foundation:- Computer science department signed the MOU with Quick Heal Foundation, Pune in July 2018 to conduct the following activities: 1) Online course on Cyber Security Awareness. 2) Earn and Learn scheme. The objective of this program is to make awareness about internet and cybercrime and its security for school going children. Twenty selected students of B.Sc. and M.Sc. (Computer science) was involved in it. They visited 25 schools and make sensitive about internet and cybercrime to 10,434 students.
- To share academic performance & attendance of student with parent, department organized Parent Teacher Meeting.
- Department conducts the aptitude, technical test and Group discussion for better placement of students.
- Department of Computer Science has designed the Syllabus of B. Voc (S/W Development Course).
- S. G. Lakhdive was of member of SPPU syllabus structuring / framing committee for B.Sc. (Computer Science), M.Sc. (Computer Science), B.C.A (Science)
- S.T.Jagtap received "Exemplary Teacher Award" on 4th February, 2018 from Indo Global Chamber of Commerce, Industries and Agriculture and Marathwada Mitra Mandal's College of Commerce (MMCC)
- Dr. Jagtap S. T. awarded Ph. D. in Computer Science on “Effective Steganographic Mechanismfor Transactional E-commerce to Manage Cyber Security” by ShriJagdish Prasad JhabarmalTibrewala University on 13th January 2019.
- Ms.Maharana Jayshree K. secured First Rank (Topper) in B.Sc.(Computer Science) in University examination held in April-2018.
- Ms.Jagtap Megha S. secured 6 th Rank in B.Sc.(Computer Science) in University examination held in April-2018.
- Ms. Divyarantna Patil secured 6 th Rank in B.Sc.(Computer Science) in University examination held in April- 2015
- Peersab Noor and Atish Shete won prize C-SCUFFLE competition of Insperia- 2017 state level techno management event held at Department of M.C.A. PCCOE college of Pune.
- Peersab Noor of F.Y.B.Sc(Comp Science) got First rank in ‘C' King Competition at RDX Intercollegiate Event 2014-15.
- Kachare Bhim, Kadam Avinash and Surve Tushar of S.Y.B.Sc(Comp Science) got First rank in Quiz Competition at RDX Intercollegiate Event 2015-16.
- Sharma Anubhav and Pillay Arun of S.Y.B.Sc(Comp Science) got First rank in Poster Competition at RDX Intercollegiate Event 2016-17.
- Pawar Aniket of S.Y.B.Sc(Comp Science) got First rank in Seminar Competition at RDX Intercollegiate Event 2017-18.
- Arankale Vinay of M.Sc(Comp Science) got First rank in C' King Competition at RDX Intercollegiate Event 2017-18.
- Chaudhari Mahesh of F.Y.B.Sc(Comp Science) got First rank in Poster Competition at RDX Intercollegiate Event 2018-19.
- Shubham Shevate won 1st place in 14th Senior National Roll Ball championship at Belgaum in 2017-18.
- Prakash Maruti Talpe passed Certificate B Examination under the authority of ministry of defense.